Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Still Stalling

I've got to pull out the cutting stuff to cut interfacing for the next Weekender.

So I might as well cut the burgundy stuff I want to wear next month.

Which means I've got to make up my mind immediately about what pattern I'm going to use for the black/burgundy brocade jacket.

I pulled out a couple of Simplicity patterns last night and messed around with them (mostly just cut the pieces apart), but they really weren't speaking to me. And I don't want to take the time to fit another pattern. Trouble is, I don't have the shoulder-princess-mandarin-collar style I have in mind in a TNT pattern...shoot, I don't even have a morphable shoulder princess jacket TNT pattern.

So I'm about to come up with a second best...I'm thinking the Loes Hinse Bistro. I've gotten some really nice comments on that, and LH jackets make up Very Quickly. As I recall, there's only a couple little tweaky things I want to do to that pattern.

However, I do remember that it needs some front easing that doesn't play nice w/polyester, and I suspect my brocade is mostly poly.

I'm counting on the jacquard pattern camouflaging any poly puckering.

5 comments:

  1. Hey there,

    Yes, we're adopting from Ethiopia. We're soo excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laura! Amazing what you can find out by cruising blogs and comments... sometimes even new things about folks in your own back yard!

    I had no idea and you were Holly's buddy Laura until I saw your comment on Buffi's blog about the big hair photo!

    I'll be following the adoption story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I only want to 'mess around' but still want to make some sewing progress, I cut my pattern pieces apart, too! Hey, it has to be done sometime...so I guess it really isn't messing around after all.
    Good luck with your jacket. I'm sure it will come out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Holly and I go back to 3rd grade. :) Her parent's were like 2nd parents to me. They were my youth pastors. :)

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Choices choices choices...that often is the hardest part :)

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)