Arg! Our DSL line was down all morning...and I promptly got myself into trouble.
I got a stack of burgundy things cut yesterday (you can see the queue, but I'll mention them in a minute), along with my interfacing. Last night I laid the interfacing on the first set of straps, on the ironing board, so I could jump right into fusing this morning.
Aside note...I used cloth diapers when my kids were little, and the few that are left are now my very soft, very absorbent, nicely translucent, and completely irreplaceable pressing cloths.
So you can imagine my frustration when I pressed one of the interfacing strips on the second set of handle straps to the pressing cloth instead of to the fabric.
I tell ya, I gotta go to bed earlier.
So, in disgust I walked away and found that my computer is talking to the internet again and I'll catch up on what I did with my burgundy, drink a cup of tea, then head back with (hopefully) a better attitude and a clearer head.
I was mulling over which of Loes Hinse's jacket patterns to use with my brocade when I pulled it out of the cabinet and looked it over one more time...and realized that the fabric was too flimsy to make an unlined, uninterfaced jacket like any of the LH patterns I have.
What to do, what to do. I didn't want to fit a tunic...
Suddenly, I remembered I have Sewing Workshop's Tribeca Shirt waiting on the right fabric. Oh, this is sooooo the right fabric. I got on Pattern review and read up on the reviews to see if there were any fitting notes (specifically, I wanted to know if anyone had dropped the darts). The folks who might have mentioned the kinds of fitting I wondered about had altered the jacket style enough that it didn't tell me what I was looking for, but I did see that everyone commented that it was a bit broad in the shoulders. Since I measure pretty much Medium on SW's size charts, I traced off a Medium, morphed to Small in the shoulders and neckline. yeah, I know, I love the fabric, but it was only $2.99/yard and I'm not going to sweat it. It should be wearable...even if it's not Perfect.
I had a bit left over, so I also cut out another shell top from the bodice portion of Loes Hinse's City Dress pattern.
Then I moved on to the burgundy slinky...I cut Sewing Workshop's Cityscapes dress (that is such a cool pattern!) and Textile Studio's Funnel-neck Monaco Shell, and I've still got about a yard and a half left...maybe I'll do Loes Hinse's sweater set at some point in the future.
So, I've got a shirt/jacket, two tops and a dress all from I-can-wear-it-next-month burgundy.
Once I fix the fusible and get that Weekender bag done, I can start on 'em...