The first thing I did in the sewing room yesterday was attach a snap to the final outstanding HMC costume brought in by one of my super helpers...and I discovered that I really need to do some more tutorials on Bible costumes; my serger-based ones aren't helping the ladies who have to finish the seams with a conventional machine. I've got one choir-person costume sitting around waiting its turn; I guess I'll be making it up shortly and taking some photos of the process. Let's just say I did a little more on that costume than attaching a snap. ;)
Since I had to change the serger thread anyway, I went ahead and loaded up black when I was done. I'll catch those white shirts later; I was ready to see something finished quick for a change! ;)
About 2 hours later (I did some laundry along with the sewing and didn't really watch the clock) I had a finished Farewell to Arms skirt:
It's embroidered rayon/linen from Hancock's...and I don't care if it is traditionally a summer fabric, I think it rocks with boots! I really, really like that pattern.
The T is Sandra Betzina's Vogue 8151...another pattern I need to use some more ;)