Wednesday, August 02, 2023

MOG Dress 1....

 

Just a hanger shot, I'm afraid.  I will try to be intentional about getting a pic of it on the day, lol.  It's not whatcha call terribly slimming, but it is the quintessentially perfect floaty summer maxi dress.  I have a blue linen jacket to put over it and make it a wee bit dressier.

I did have a booboo that I didn't even realize until I was finishing it up...I cut the bottom ruffle tiers wrong.  They were supposed to be a yard and a half from side to side; I just did some sloppy assumptions and cut them at 48" instead of 54".   If I had actually done the math...I'd've been ok.  But for some reason I didn't do the math and just whacked them at 48".  It was when I realized that the middle tier had more gathering than the bottom tier that I walked backwards and realized the bottom tier actually needed another eighteen inches around to be properly full.

But I don't think anyone will actually notice that.

And I think next time I do this I will go ahead and leave the bodice at the slightly below the waist length.  It hits exactly at my waist, which is what I wanted, but it feels like it's short. Just a pinch.

However, the dress as a whole is light and airy and flowy and I think I really like it, lol.

Much better than the last Mother - Of -The dress, which was a hot mess from the beginning.

I DIDN'T make sure to get a pic of that day-of,  and we didn't actually get the pictures downloaded from the wedding until last month (2 years later...).  And there wasn't a really good picture of the dress in any of those pics; the best I have is the one of us with the happy couple.  And I later found an old lace collar and sewed it to the neckline of the wonky dress and put it in the church costume closet.  It'll be fine for on stage.

But THIS dress... this dress will be a welcome addition to the closet.

And, if anyone hasn't noticed...it works with the 2022 Start with a Scarf wardrobe, too.  Bonus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)