Saturday, August 05, 2023

And...after it all...

One of the pics of the spectacular sunset after the rehearsal dinner...so Facebook will have a better picture on the link, lol


I did get a picture of the dress being worn...after we finally got home from The Day's Festivities (which were about an hour and forty five minutes away...)

As I said...this is not the dress to make me look thin and willowy (that would require something capable of David-Copperfield level illusions, I fear)   It does hide a multitude of...middle age spread, lol.  And it is HUGELY comfortable.  As I noted in a previous post, this is the PERFECT floaty summer maxi dress.

And of course it has pockets.


When I laid the fabric out, I noticed the ditsy floral pattern did have a very faint grid design.  So I used one of the subtle lines as the center front...and I'm really glad I did.  I think had I not done that, the dress just would have looked 'off'...without a really noticeable reason why.  But it looks balanced, even if it's not really perceptible.

Thanks to the Great British Sewing Bee for teaching me that little lesson.

I will wear this dress over and over.  And maybe make another one.  Or two.

But the main thing is...The Actor and the Little Red Haired Girl are now a family.  It was a very sweet wedding.


(photo creds go to big sister, The Princess, for this shot...)

5 comments:

  1. Nice trick with the centering on that subtle line - from the photos, it does really make the dress look balanced! Great job, Lisa, love that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely! Beautiful couple and venue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm binging sewing blogs for inspiration -- and I *love* this dress on you. The colors in the print are just fantastic with your skin and hair =) It's even making me re-think my general opposition to small floral prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that...I am not a 'small floral print' person either. But this one kinda worked, lol. Thanks!!

      Delete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)