Sunday, March 19, 2023

A Productive weekend

 Well, four of us teamed up Friday and Saturday and made a good dent in the costume sewing. 

It's not my first choice for  a sewing space, and it's highly temporary, but we've made do with less comfortable spaces so I'm not going to complain.  At least we can leave it set up until we're done.

It's actually one of the rehearsal studios...formerly a dance classroom, back when this was a high school.  But there's enough space and power and the lighting's decent, so it works for now.

 I was at church from about 9 - 3:30/4 ish both days and we got the four garments for Paul, Silas and a couple of other prisoners done Friday (no pictures, unfortunately...they've been sent home with one of our creatives to get abused, marred and 'bloodied' up).  Saturday Miss K and I cranked out the tunics for the little girls who will be in the 'Triumphant Entry' dance.

They look so tiny, but they were made to the measurements we got so ...here's hoping they were correct, lol.

We are down to the one-offs; the individual costumes.  We need a dance-able costume for the woman with the 'issue', and we need a costume for the Philippian magistrate.  I have a vision for the woman (Veronica, if you've been watching The Chosen).  I am mending one garment, re-fashioning a second and making a third to layer her up; the top two will be kinda, well, car-wash-skirty, if you know what I mean.  Strips.  We will also have a tangled red ropey belt thing between the bottom and middle layers that will only be seen in glimpses as the garments move, held together with magnets so she can drop that bit at the proper moment.  I think this is going to be my biggest challenge and I'll be working on that from home this week...making it up as I go.

I think we can take care of the rest next weekend. Hopefully.

This is a much easier costuming effort...each person only needs one.  That's a big relief, lol.


1 comment:

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)