Sunday, November 06, 2022

Start with a Scarf 2022 - the July Set

 Finally, the last post in clearing the backlog that was waiting for the blue skirts to get finished....

Janice's wardrobe picks for July were kinda titled 'Dressy-ish outfit that either resembles a suit or includes a skirt' and you can click HERE to see what she chose for the six scarf-based wardrobes.

Me, I mostly pulled stuff from the closet...some from the 2019 wardrobe, actually, lol.

I'm all about blue and white for the July wardrobe.  The only item specifically obtained for the July additions is the blue knit skirt... made from my favorite Telio Jockey knit that's gotten crazy expensive in the past year or so.  Fabricdotcom, (which is, alas, no more, having finally been absorbed into Amazon) had some on sale earlier this year so I grabbed a few yards at the not so insanely expensive price, but I'm mourning the days when it was $12.50 ish a yard.   The pattern is the Swing Skirt from Loes Hinse; I added the pockets from her Oxford Pants pattern.  I made an identical black skirt for the 2019 wardrobe so I knew I would like it.  It just has a nice polish to it when worn.  It looks pleated...it isn't,  those folds go away when I put it on.  It's  just from the combo of the elastic waist and pants hanger.

The scarf, which is pretty big, was purchased from Lands' End on sale at least a year ago; the white linen duster was likewise purchased on a sale from Chico's about the same time.  The blue/white stripe boatneck top is a Burda magazaine pattern that I made up some time ago...maybe more than 5 years ago. But you can't beat a classic striped boatneck T!

The SAS Pampas sandals and the white hoop earrings were both used in the 2019 wardrobe.  The sandals may look a little more worn now, but they are still quite useable.

This will be the last catch-up post for a bit;  I have to make a hat before I can post any more, and I'm not sure when I will get to that, because, costuming.  But  at least I've cleared a little of the backlog, lol.
Anyway, here's where the wardrobe stands at the moment.  I hadn't put it all together before getting the images ready for the post;  I kinda think it looks surprisingly good all laid out...

The Clothes:


The Accessories:

1 comment:

  1. The wardrobe looks absolutely fantastic! I am super impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)