Saturday, November 26, 2022

It'll Do...We Think...

 I finished up the brown cloak...



Hard to tell what you're looking at from the pics; it just doesn't photograph well.  Long cloak with a shoulder cape and collar on a band.  Held together with a hook.  Curved edges finished with the serger because 1) I needed to keep as much length as I could and 2) I was going to have to serge the edges anyway to prevent fraying and 3) Time, time, time...

If you click on the photo of the back  you might be able to see the damage to the fabric (it's most visible at the lower edge of the left side of the shoulder cape in that picture). I honestly have no idea when that happened or how; the fabric has been bouncing around our storage area since 2005.  It should have been in a box or a bin, but who knows if it was.  It looks like a water mark coming off the center back seam.  I ran it through the washer and dryer but it didn't change the appearance of the damaged area at all.

But, it doesn't show nearly as much if the light isn't hitting it straight on, no actor worth his salt spends any amount of time with his back to the audience, and...keep moving, lol.  I put the vest and cloak on our Scrooge character and he loved the way it felt.(And it was a Good Thing that I lowered the pockets on the vest; they could have actually been lowered a bit more but they're ok)  So...at the moment, anyway, it's in.  We'll see what it looks like under actual stage lights next week.

Moving on.

 I have a pile of Basic Dickens Skirts to make...three for adults and one for a little girl.  I have just enough elastic in the stash to do them, but I'm gonna hafta get some more dental floss...I used all I had on the first skirt.  It's the best thing to use to gather a bodacious amount of fabric.

In the *Whew* category, we matched bloomers to sizes on our list today today and we have enough for all the girls who are listed on the cast spreadsheet.  I was really worried about those.  So long as no one pops up at the last minute who wasn't on the list...we should be good.

Past Thanksgiving now, and all my company has headed home, so I will be focusing on sewing skirts.

Maybe I'll get some Christmassy something up around the house...if I get the skirts done, lol.  I have some sick leave to use or lose by the end of the year; I may use it all up this week.  If I sew during the day instead of late at night...I'll be less likely to fall ill, lol. So -- preventative sick leave.  Right?

1 comment:

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)