Wednesday, March 16, 2022

The Cardi is Done!

 And I wore it to work today, lol

McCall's 6844, from a really intimidating cabled sweater knit.  I totally picked this pattern because...no closures, no details...it HAD to be simple, because the fabric wasn't.  It's really interesting...the cables are supported from the back with elastic threads (ignore the total color washout). 

It was a bit tricky...and the center back neckline, where the collar seams stack, was, of course, on top of one of the cables (I had to put one down the center back to look right) and was waaayyy too bulky for my serger; as a result it's a bit stretched and not at all pretty.  But it's in the back, under the collar roll, so I'mma gonna pretend it's fine.  I hand hemmed the sleeves and lower edge because I knew trying to topstitch it would be a disaster.   

It is very soft and comfy to wear, but also very warm so I'm not sure how much I'm going to get to wear it this season.  It *does* snag VERY EASILY

I'm also wearing one of the two merino wool tees I made back in February, too...the short sleeved one.  I'm thinking I'm going to use the t's in the SWAP wardrobe...there's nothing that says it HAS to work with any specific thing, so it really doesn't matter if it doesn't work with The Scarf, just as long as they work with the rest of the SWAP designated pieces. So I'm gonna do a few pieces outside the Start with a Scarf wardrobe for the SWAP.  

I need to sew faster.


1 comment:

  1. Great job, Lisa!! I am duly impressed! All I am working on is a woodland mouse costume for Eric for Earth Day, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)