Monday, January 17, 2022

Cleaning out the queue...

 So, as I was hunting around for the pattern I'm considering for the cable sweater knit fabric, I ran across a bundle of stripey gauze and suddenly remembered the gauze pants I'd started last summer and got half done.

And realized that they might come in handy for a Florida trip next month, so I pulled them out and finished them up.

It's a New Look pattern; I don't have the number handy but it's one of my faves for pull on pants (ETA: 6203 -- I bought it for the top, which I've never made, but the pants have been great.  I added the drawstring and the pockets)


Back when the weather was warm and I was frantically trying to figure out how to add 6" of girth to a bridesmaid's dress,  I ended up at JoAnn's for some blue satin.  Now, JA's is not handy to my house so every time I go in I do a slow walk around the place, just to see if there's anything worth taking home.  And I found this crinkled stripe cotton gauze.

Now, back in 2019 I got to go to Israel and spent some time in the Judean desert.  And I happened to have an ANCIENT (like, I think I made them in 2003?) pair of Tencel crinkle gauze drawstring pants.  Let me tell you, the were PERFECT for wearing in the heat.  So when I saw the stripey gauze at JA's I had to nab it, even though I knew I wouldn't have time to sew it up.

I cut it out a couple of weeks after the wedding and worked on them kinda hit and miss...we had a vacation in there, then it was fall and the Christmas production sewing kicked in and I stuck the pants in a bin and forgot about them.

So it just took me a couple of non-dedicated hours to get them out of the sewing room and into the closet.  They are every bit as light and airy as the old Tencel pants.  I really don't expect it to be terribly hot in Orlando in February but if it is...I'm ready, lol.

I also found a maxi dress that had stretched out and was too long; I'd cut it down but it still needed a hem.  Black thread in the machine...ok, I put in the double needle and sewed that down, too.  But it's a tank style so I won't wear it until Summer.

Part of me is wondering if I'm procrastinating...but it does feel good to finish some things.

I have a piece of merino wool for a T shirt; I may make that up this week, too, so I can wear it while it's still winter.  But after that...it's time to face the CARDIGAN.

1 comment:

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)