Friday, May 10, 2013

A Contest Entry?

It has been a really, really, really long time since I entered a contest over on Pattern Review...but whilst perusing around I discovered that the May contest is 'Natural Fibers'.

And it just so happened that I have a Cotton Plisse project on deck.  So I decided it would be a good thing to move up the queue a bit....and maybe, just maybe, put an entry up.

Back in 2007, when I was determined to make fabric parity (fabric in = fabric out) after a major stash maxing trip to Sir's Fabrics,  I made myself a no-pattern tiered skirt.  I'd been wanting a loose, flowy skirt to wear on summer car trips and came up with a certifiable earth mother skirt that totally fit the bill.

But, in the ensuing seasons, I found that I wore the skirt for more than just car trips.  It was swooshy and feminine and fun to wear.

And really, really comfy.

So earlier this year I bought a large chunk of red gingham check cotton plisse, with the intention of making another skirt.

Today, I did a bunch of math and rotary cutting...the only actual pattern piece was a pocket borrowed from another skirt.

It is not going to be fancy or detailed or any of the things that usually win voter-decided contests, but it's going to be very useful and I needed a little push to get myself out of choir sewing and into something else.

It also is helpful that it's going to put 6 yards in the Fabric Out tally once it's done. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I'll look forward to seeing the new skirt. They are so much cooler in our summer heat.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)