Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Broke 100



One of my former pastors said that I was 'an old hippie that just never grew up'. I don't know if he realized I was all of 10 years old in 1969 and so just a little behind the hippie phenomenon, but perhaps he was referring to my tendency to be slightly unorthodox. But all I need w/the bias tiered "Earth Mama" skirt is a peasant top,some beads and a scarf tied 'round my head and I'd look truly retro. Minus the wrinkles and the age spots, of course ;)

Actually, this is exactly what I wanted from this skirt...long, floaty, cool. Perfect for traveling by car in the summertime. I cut the yoke part on grain, with about 3" hip ease, long enough to accommodate side seam pockets then made the tiers each roughly 1 1/2 times the size of the previous level, so that it was just gathered somewhat. I'd write it up for Patternreview, but, to be absolutely honest, I can't remember exactly how I came up with my measurements. And I think I goofed and used some of the tiers which should have been on my skirt on DD's and vice-versa. And I'd accidentally put one set of tiers back with the uncut fabric and had to go hunt it up. It's a wonder this even turned out.

But it used 4 1/2 yards of fabric...that puts me at over 100 yards out for the year!
And about 1/4 of the way through the Queue....

2 comments:

  1. Pretty skirt and it looks comfy. You are so prolific with your sewing. In 1969 I was a senior in high school looking forward to graduation. I was always "preppy" and didn't care for the hippie look. Even now, I like classic clothing. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)