Saturday, June 11, 2011

Gray Denim DONE!

Glory, Glory Hallelujah...

Pardon the crummy bathroom mirror self-portraiture; I literally sewed on the last button, threw the jacket on and snapped the pictures. I'll get better pictures in the Choir Wardrobe shots we'll take sometime this weekend, and I'll post those with the soon-to-come review of the pattern. Silver gray is a color this month, so this jacket may well get worn at least once for each of the next three weekends.



I'm not over-the-top happy with it, but it'll do. It looks homemade...I think MOSTLY because the fabric was really too thick/heavy for the pattern, and it was very nearly too thick/heavy for my sewing machine. I probably used my clapper more on this project than I'd used it in the past two years, and I feel like I've finished a wrestling match.

Anyway, I'm gonna get the review written, and work on some easy stuff for just a bit ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yay - sounds like you're glad it is done. Looks good from here, and I'm sure it will be fine for choir wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't look homemade in the pics. It is great to get a challenging project done. You must be looking forward to whipping out some easier tops after all that work.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)