Friday, August 15, 2008

Costume Maintenance Day 10: Piece by Piece

Wednesday night I brought my serger home, thinking, "We're cutting now, I won't need this"

And then discovered that, due to narrow fabric issues, I'm going to have to piece sleeves on at least three of the garments I'm cutting out. I managed to piece one set, using the sewing machine and a zig-zag, but the others I definitely want to serge.

So the serger is going back in today.

On the home sewing front, I finished my Vogue 2975 top to the hem last night...after a grumbling half hour of ripping because I twisted the shoulder on one side when I sewed the side front to the front...and I didn't notice it until I tried to sew the side seam. So I had to unpick the horizontal topstitching, the pleat on that side (because the offending seam is enclosed in that pleat) and the side front seam to fix it. Grumble Grumble.

But it's ready for a narrow hem. Dunno if I'll get to it today or not...

3 comments:

  1. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that pattern! I've had it for a while and never made it..maybe in the spring? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing: always an adventure, eh? I'm going to love seeing V2975 when it's finished and your arms are sticking out of the right places, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern! Can hardly wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)