Thursday, August 07, 2008

Brave or Silly?

I posted a quote from an old journal in my other blog about 2 weeks ago...just before I got asked to write the skit that five brave MPact sponsors did during the award service last night.

The quote was 'God puts a premium on foolishness.'

That was actually a quote from a speaker at a conference, and I'm not sure I have the proper context, but it sure got me prepared for the foolishness that we were involved in last night.

And, yes, the 'sponges' actually look like slabs of swiss cheese...but they didn't cost anything, so we were good. The point was too many folks go to church and sit on their...sponges...soaking in teaching and worship week after week instead of actually participating in the ministry.



It *seemed* to go over well. At least folks laughed. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read about these sponges all I can do is giggle. Why? Because it reminds me of when my daughter was in middle school. The fall play was "James and the Giant Peach". The 12 year old boy playing the glowworm had a tap light attached to his "seat". When appropriate during his lines, he would jump up and twist in the air so his backside was facing the audience and tap his "seat" on and off! Those of us in the audience were nearly hysterical with laughter! Ten years later I still chuckle.

    I hope the laughter remains and reminds folks to the message of the skit. Looks like the actors had fun too!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)