Monday, November 19, 2007

Where is this year going???

I commented to someone that,when I bought some groceries back on August 1, my brain cramped when I wrote that date on the check. I just wasn't ready for it to be August.

I've been that way all fall. It just does not feel like it should be pushing towards the end of November...I know Thanksgiving is early this year, but that's only part of the problem. Somewhere there must be some brakes; I gotta figure out where they are and how to apply them.

Anyway, you'll all have noticed ( eta non-pertinent observation...I guess that's proof that I haven't been thoroughly Southernized even after 27 years in Alabama; I didn't say 'ya'll will have noticed...') that I finished the Tribeca shirt; I got up early yesterday and did it before we left for church. I was just too tired to concentrate Saturday evening. It was 9 PM before I got back home and at that point I did well to remember that the turkey needed to move from the freezer to the fridge to start the defrosting process.

Black stuff is up next; I've got one skirt left in the Queue that needs black thread still, and I've got a couple of Christmas gifts to make that need black thread (you won't hear details about those until after Christmas; there's an ever-so-slight chance that the folks for whom the gifts are intended will stop by here at some point).

But first is housecleaning/turkey cooking/family celebrating. I love this time of year...I just wish I had an extra week right now!

Or even just an extra two days... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment awhile back on my Hint Half Guessed blog! I fall behind sometimes in checking it...

    anyway, I appreciate your encouragement, and hope that your holiday season gets a little rest time squeezed in there. :) Nothing like being a busy woman at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)