Thursday, November 08, 2007

Take a deep breath

I'm off to church in a bit to sew literally all day...hopefully, I'll make *lots* of good progress! I'm ready to get this batch of costumes finished and handed over!

Meantime, I put black thread in the serger and did *all* the serging necessary for the burgundy pieces, so I can work on them on my main machine whilst the backup Kenmore and the serger are at church (not that I expect to have lots of leisure time at home, but it makes me feel good to know I *could* work on them if I so desire).

The Tribeca shirt, being totally constructed w/french seams, didn't need any serging at all. It's not started yet.

The City Dress shell top only needed the edges all serged; construction is conventional, with seams pressed open to reduce bulky spots at the turned-under edges. I've got the neckline finished on this and I've got one of two topstiching passes done on the lower edge. Still need to finish the armholes

The Monaco shell only needed the sideseams serged, the neckline/shoulder is done w/a tiny zig-zag, because the neckline finish needs a pressed-open shoulder seam. It needs the hem and the armholes finished.

The Cityscapes dress had the most serging on it; the darts were teeny-zigzagged, but the seams were all done on the serger. Now it just needs hems and it's done.

So I *should* manage to get some burgundy something by Sunday, doncha think? Even if I just manage 10 minutes after getting home each evening...

We'll see.

(Still no big red button...)

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing your Tribeca. I love the Tribeca shirt pattern, but I've yet to make it.
    I don't know why... maybe I'm unsure of fit since I usually have to do an FBA and I don't know about all those darts.
    But I hope to learn from your experience! Err... and hopefully it's all good.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)