Thursday, November 15, 2007

A-HEM (or two or so)


Put the twin needle in the sewing machine yesterday and hemmed up the burgundy slinky Sewing Workshop Cityscapes dress (bottom and sleeves) and the Textile Studio Monaco shell (bottom and armholes). I think I'll wear the dress the Sunday after Thanksgiving;it's a perfect 'Oh, mamma, I ate too much!' dress. No waistline + interesting shape = hides a multitude of sins.... This is the third iteration of this dress; overall, I've shortened the skirt 4" (in 1" increments in the body of the skirt to preserve its, um, interesting shape) and shortened the shoulder seam...I think it was 3/4"...and raised the sleeve cap to compensate. It's a *great* pattern for slinky!

I don't have a photo of the shell yet; if I wear it this week it'll show up on the Choir Sundays post.

I'm gonna *try* to finish the Tribeca (since it's still just in the bag w/o a stitch, 'finish' sounds a little, um, understated) by Sunday. Dunno if I'll make it or not; I'm home today but gone this evening, tomorrow, tomorrow evening, and all day Saturday.

Plus there's a holiday next week (shriek!) and sometime really, really soon I need to do at least a *little* (ahem) house cleaning....

At least I can't complain of boredom.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect dress for this time of year! Yes, it's hard to believe the holiday season is almost up on us - we're all so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress looks fantastic on you! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)