Friday, June 09, 2006

Voting for the RTW knock-off contest

Pattern Review ran a contest in May to knock off RTW garments; I didn't get to participate in that contest, but there are some really striking entries. Voting is open now to choose the winner...even if you don't vote (and if you're a PR member, you really should...), have a look at the entries:

RTW Knockoff Contest

It says at the top of the page there are 25 participants...but that's just the number of folks who signed up. There are actually only 13 entries; you need to read the reviews to find photos of the original garments the reviewers are knocking off. There's some excellent work there, and it was hard to vote for just one.

Go be inspired! ;)

3 comments:

  1. I was googling for beading websites when your blog popped up and I had to come check it out. I thoroughly enjoyed your blog and look forward to reading on a bit more. I am also a stay-at-home Mom and a Christian (I play piano and sing on our worship team). And I have an art-loving son. We have more than our sewing in common. :) I also have a blog totally devoted to sewing. I just started and am loving some of the ideas I see here (your sewing statistics for one). I'd love to have you visit some time if you'd like. Again, thanks for the interesting read and happy thread trails to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beading? I guess it's from the Portable Project Post...the Beaded Vest that's going on 4 years as a Work-In-Progress.

    Thanks for posting; it's always fun to see who's dropped by (and I enjoyed your blog, too, btw ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Thanks for reminding me and making it soooo simple, Lisa. I did go vote!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)