Thursday, August 28, 2008

Off to an Inauspicious Start....

I absolutely did not catch this when I cut the jacket out.

The two edges of the embroidery were not done the same.

And I cut both the front and the side front with one edge along the edge of the embroidery, not realizing that the embroidery on the bottom layer didn't come all the way to the seam line.

The left front will be be on the underlap, so I may use the one I've already cut, but I'm going to have to cut another left side front. There's an obvious discontinuity at the seam line where the embroidery *should* be.

Oh, I'll probably cut another left front as well, since I've got to re-do it anyway. At least I've got enough fabric.

Maybe I'll still have enough to cut a couple of vest fronts. Sigh.

Grumble, grumble, grumble....

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. You know you won't be happy with it unless it is cut right! I do find it annoying that some embroideries/prints that don't go all the way to the selvedge on *both* sides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's kind of what I figured, too, so I did cut both pieces.

    If I'd've just been *that* much more observant when I was laying the fabric out, I wouldn't have had to do that...

    Lesson learned. I hope!

    ReplyDelete