Saturday, August 18, 2007

Now they're trickling in

I had two HMC students bring me costumes yesterday; I was expecting costumes from them. Another wasn't sure he needed one; I assured him that they all did and he's bringing fabric today. There's one more that I've been told will be bringing fabric...I've dropped strong hints that they need to bring it in today or tomorrow. Once we break the room back down, I'm not sure when I'll get to go in and process the next batch. They'll likely have to wait a while.

I feel kinda reluctant to make that kind of statement, but this year is different than last year. Last year, at my suggestion, the kids were instructed to bring in their own Bible costumes. Since there was such short notice, we on the sewing team offered to make them for anyone who needed one. It took us till October to finish and we ended up making 35.

But this year, the Bible costume requirement has been on the list all along; this should not be a last-minute surprise for anybody. So, we offered to make them for local kids (as we figured they'd ask for help anyway), but I am expecting folks who come in from out of town to bring their own.

With 24 costumes in the works for the pre-school ministry, we've got our hands full at the moment. I'm afraid that any HMC student that doesn't get the fabric to me in time to be cut on Monday will just have to wait until we've finished the current pile.

And here is how the current pile looked about 2 PM on Thursday...they're bagged by fabric, not garment; some bags have 3 garments w/attending sashes and ties. I'm trying NOT to think about how much work there is to do...just start working and keep at it until it's done.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of costumes! Just do it with a merry heart and it will all get done quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does costuming for church qualify one for sainthood?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not in a non-denominational Protestant church...LOL...although I do receive an occasional gift card to a nice restaurant (our dinner at Macaroni Grill for our anniversary was on a gift card I received in appreciation for costume sewing...)

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)