Thursday, July 19, 2007

If You Keep a Pattern Long Enough...

...the Right Fabric will show up. And, maybe, it'll even be on sale.

Remember last week, when I was so proud of myself for leaving Hancock's w/only one zipper? Well, I did peek around a bit and found a nice piece of grey B. Black wool gab on the clearance table. However, the marking was ambiguous and I couldn't tell what the discount was. I figured it was probably at least 50%, but, without a definite price I passed it by.

After I got home, somebody's post on one of the sites reminded me that I had Simplicity 4084, a trench coat pattern, in my stash waiting for an appropriate fabric.

Duh. You can't get much more appropriate than wool gab. So, today when I had to run in for some light grey thread (more on that another day), I picked up 4 yards of the wool...at 80% off. Wow. So the wool cost, like, 3.45/yard, including tax. And the buttons were 30% off, too, so I found some really lovely buttons to go on it.

Now all I need is lining...and time... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great deal. Goes to show you that you shouldn't get rid of patterns or pass up the clearance fabric table.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)