Thursday, May 03, 2007

What're Friends For?

I almost feel sheepish after my mini-minor-rant a couple of days ago, but I'm altering a dress for a friend. I'm not putting it in the same category as the rather presumptuous requests I get to 'fix stuff'...she's very, very petite and is remarrying at the end of the month, on a tight budget. She found a very nice Isaac Mizrahi dress at Target that is simply too long...so I'm going to shorten it. Take it up at the shoulders and hem. Of course, it's bias cut crinkle poly chiffon, so it won't be exactly a cakewalk, but I'm cautiously optimistic that I can do it for her.

And, even though she doesn't sew, she has come and helped with non-sewing/hand sewing costuming issues at church in the past. So I really don't mind helping her out here.

But I will be holding my breath a lot ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Lisa, don't worry about it! This sounds like someone who truly needs your help and isn't just a "taker", but a "giver", too! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)