Saturday, May 19, 2007

Must Sew Project 1

DD was getting extremely short (pun intended) on things that fit well enough to wear to church; the first 'must sew' project is intended to give her at least one thing to throw in the mix. I couldn't get her to dress up and model it for a picture...you'll have to take my word for it that it fits well enough.

It's another modification to the skirt in Kwik Sew 3056...the same skirt pattern I modified back in December for the Black Choir Skirt. I let her take her choice from the knits I got last week; she surprised my by choosing the black and turquoise knit.

This time, I folded out a fair amount of the length of the upper skirt (I've no idea how much...just eyeballed it); cut two; reduced the amount folded out by about half; cut two more. Then I traced the flounce, shortening it about 3", and cut two of the original flounce and two of the new, shorter one. Then I made the skirt twice with the short flounce on the short yoke and the long flounce on the long yoke. I sewed the two skirts together at the top, with the longer one on the inside, added elastic and serger-rolled the flounce edges.

She's happy with it, and I'll hopefully get a photo of her wearing it tomorrow ;).

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I bet she loves having her mom make her custom stuff! ;)

    ReplyDelete