So, yesterday I worked on the first set of waterbed sheets. I actually finished them up about 11 last night and updated the stats to reflect that the sheets were done, then I got up this morning and stripped the bed to put the new sheets on. As I was doing that, I was mentally writing a blog entry or review about the process of making them, and also deciding what I needed to get going for the Next Project.
This is a classic set of waterbed sheets; the bottom sheet has triangular pockets across the corners for the mattress, and the top sheet is sewn to the bottom sheet between the two pockets at the foot of the bed.
I found myself having problems getting the bottom sheet to lay across the bed right; that didn't make sense, because I'd laid the bottom sheet on the bed last night before I attatched the top sheet, just to make sure it would fit, and it had looked really good.
Then I noticed I had sewn the foot of the top sheet to the side of the bottom sheet. I was putting the bottom sheet on the bed 90 degrees off from what it should be.
So now I have an appointment with the seam ripper to get things apart and then back together, so I can't move on just yet.
But the pillowcases fit well.