Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The First Bundle

Y'know, I don't think I've ever ordered a 'bundle' from anyone...until last week, when I ordered one of Fabric Mart's shirting bundles. It was posted as 5 - 2.5 yard cuts (total of 12.5 yards) for 23.00. Was I ever pleased with what I got:


The bundle is laying out on the seat cushions; the other two fabrics I purchased are leaning against the back. One is a deep burgundy w/fuschia floral cotton/lycra sateen (for some reason I thought it was brocade or jacquard; I've no idea why, it clearly says sateen on the website. I guess the colors just looked kind of brocadey), and the other is a white cotton/lycra shirting that is so fine it's nearly batiste weight. I think I'll make a summer floaty nightgown from it.

The shirt bundle was really generous; I ended up with a total of 13.5 yards, and three of the fabrics are cotton/lycra. The white-with-dark-blue stripe even feels like it might have a touch of rayon in it. And DS of the Rolling Eyes even said he might wear a shirt made from the bright blue and white cotton/lycra shirting...if I could 'make a decent shirt'. Guess I need to see his definition of 'decent shirt'....

But the definition of frustration is to have new projects calling and no time to spend on them! Maybe next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)