First I made up my mind to drop the grey blouse and sub the royal twinset from last year. But yesterday evening I walked into my sewing nook and saw the blouse lying there, armholes all unstitched, and knew I couldn't just let it turn into a UFO (UnFinished Object). So I grabbed some scrap fabric and started trying to get a gusset or something into the sleeve/armsceye to make it work.
I'll spare you the details. Nothing did. So I took a deep breath and took the sleeves the rest of the way off and finished off the armholes. One nice sleeveless scrunchneck blouse done. (It's currently the top review at the 'My Reviewed Patterns' on the sidebar or you can see the finished item on my SWAP link). I cut the covered buttons off and put them away before I put the sleeves with the rest of the fabric...I still have enough for another blouse; the sleeves might turn into facings or something. "Find a fitted sleeve that works" is now on my list of things to do this year.
But that completed the SWAP. I decided to switch the slinky twinset for the Vogue 7799 cross neck top that fits kinda wonky...partly because the top fits funny (that's my fault; the fabric was too heavy and stretchy for that pattern) and partly because the SWAP needs a shot of intense color. So...the now-named 'Shifting Skies' collection only needs the official photos and a little descriptive blurb, which I'll likely do today.
Next up: sewing for DD, while I decide which pants pattern I want to use on the khaki cotton/lycra I bought in Atlanta.