Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Problem solving

 Ok, firstly, I need a picture for Facebook's thumbnail ...cause I don't want the one below to be  pasted up with just the middle bit showing, lol.  So here's a gratuitous kitty pic.  Hard to believe it took her 8 years to decide it was ok to relax on a lap.


Ok, so.... here's a thing I made to go in between some layers in a costume for a dancer who will play the part of the woman with the...issue...in the Easter production.  The two layers over it are slit/  slashed, so the red peeps through as the lady dances.  I meant it to be ugly, and lumpy, and knotted, and twisted, and uneven.  All highly symbolic.

It fastens with magnets, so it can be quickly undone at the appropriate moment.

It's very lightweight poly crepe de chine...so as to not overwhelm the magnets.

But it's so lightweight that it doesn't fall...it just kinda hangs up in the layers.  So the dancer, 'Jesus' and I conferred. I reconfigured the streamers a bit and I put a very slight weight into one streamer end, so our dancer can kind of throw it out as she kneels, and 'Jesus' will step on the  that bit when he speaks to her so when she stands up it stays on the ground.

I finally saw the whole event put together tonight at tech rehearsal.  I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with what the team has done.  If all the variables come together, it should be moving.

But...just bein' honest, I'm tahred  (Southern for weary to the bone; I've 15K steps on the fitbit and didn't do any fitness walking.  Just what I needed to do to get stuff done today).  I have just about decided to use some of my comp time for a day off next week.  I think I've earned it. 

It will be live streamed ...6:30 CDT on Fri and Sat, 9 and 11 AM on Sunday.  The Rock Family Worship Center on You Tube.  If you are inclined to see the costumes, lol.  We made about a dozen for this production...the little dancers, the prisoners, the magistrate.  And the woman with..the issue.  Although, to be honest, I'm not sure how it will come across on the live stream.  Not like watching a made-for-TV edited production, but it should get the point across.

I may or may not get another costume post up before the weekend....we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)