Tuesday, April 11, 2023

One last Malleus post...

It's still available on You Tube  as of today; the production starts at about the 15 minute mark.

  I finally got a copy of the cast photo...


Now, I have to admit something.  I hadn't really gotten to SEE everything all on stage at once.  And I was flabbergasted at how well all of those randomly chosen old costumes coordinated on stage.  The dancers, most of whom are seated, were all new costumes; we made the tunics for the tiny dancers but we made use of fast fashion sources for the cropped pants and the adult tunics.

What can I say?  We pulled it together in 4 weeks.

See, that's what grace does.  Grace isn't there to excuse indulgence...grace is there to give us the power to do that which we coudn't do otherwise.

Like costume a production in 4 weeks that ends up looking like everything was coordinated.

I should finish the data entry from the weekend tomorrow. I stayed after work today to clear out my stuff from the sewing room.  I'll likely go back in on Friday to pack up the remaining costumes and extra fabric and such.  The theater is rented out very soon and the room we used for costume holding and construction...which is actually used as a dressing room...has got to be cleaned out.

Still don't know where we're going to put the stuff but I am sure someone will come up with something.  We still haven't found a workable place for costume storage.  The theater is rented too much to keep stuff anywhere there.  The home ec sewing room is much too centrally located and is pegged for the expansion of another ministry.  Which is a pity because it would be perfect.  But...location, location, location. Costumes don't need to be right off the public spaces.

We've got about a week to figure something out. Or rather, someone does.  That's above my pay grade, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting the link up - what a wonderful, moving production. I managed to watch until the magnetic skirt comes off (it looked flawless) - if the link is still active later hopefully I will be able to watch the rest of the production. Turquoise

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Beautiful! God Bless Everyone involved in the Production!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)