Saturday, November 06, 2021

I missed a noteable date....

On November 4, 2005, I posted my first-ever blog post.  I meant to write something commemorative and appreciative and all the stuff you do on the 4th but I was at church absolutely all day and came home dead beat about 9 PM.

I didn't even think about what day it was at all.

Just hit me today that I missed the sweet 16 birthday of the blog.

Wow.  Sixteen years.  I went back and read some of the old posts from back then...and was shocked to see actual comments.  They are rare these days....I think, partly, because everyone's too busy to click through from whatever reading service they use (guilty).  And, probably partly because my participation in online sewing communities has dwindled considerably...same thing, too much busy, not enough sewing.  And folks are moving to video platforms.

I was quite surprised to learn a few months ago that I have a you-tube channel.  I guess I made an account sometime who knows how long ago so I could comment on videos and didn't realize that came with my own channel.

Whatever shall I do with it, lol....

Anyway, even though I'm two days late...for those of you who've been hanging with me for sixteen years...or those of you who have been hanging around for any number of years...thanks for stopping by.  Church drama productions, school drama productions, SWAP wardrobes, the Vivienne Files challenge, the eternal attempt to actually sew up more fabric in a given year than I buy, the dreams of making fantastic garments that I'm too chicken to actually cut the fabric out for...sewing for my kids weddings...you all have been here. 

Here's to more sewing and talking about sewing and maybe throwing in something random every now and then...

18 comments:

  1. Guilty as charged!! congratulations on your sweet 16th. I enjoy your blog, thankyou for keeping it up despite people like me not posting comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I don’t comment much but I do read every post. I used to be heavily involved in our church Christmas plays and can relate to what you write about. Hope you will continue blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Church theater (I almost wrote 'Church drama'...and then realized that had waaayy too many other connotations, lol) is a world unto itself sometimes! Thanks for dropping in!!

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogversary. I too am guilty of reading without leaving a comment. As you say, so little time. Good luck with the Christmas production.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy anniversary! Sometimes audience members do type out a comment but the software decides not to accept it, even before the blogger gets to curate the comment. I find it harder to comment on my phone, then forget to come back at the end of the day when I’m on a tablet. I do enjoy dropping by to see what you (or others…) are up to-like seeing a neighbor at the grocery store and have a quick catch-up. Congrats on gathering your courage and organizing the annual drama. Looking forward to whatever the next sixteen brings…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo, I HATE typing anything out on my phone! I hear ya on that!

      Delete
  5. Hi Lisa!
    Happy blogversary! I've been with you since the beginning and thought I should leave you some love! I no longer update my blog, which is silly since I am now retired and have time to do it! I have a YouTube channel too, but I am not talented at all with videography, so I decided that was not for me! Anyway, thank you for sharing a part of your life with us all these years. Here's to many more! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! I didn't realize you were one of my Original readers! It's been a minute!

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Us longtimers are getting few and far between, but we have a lot to say, don't we? Congratulations for keeping it going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still a few...and some drop in after a really long time and do an update. But it is good to see familiar names in the comments! :-)

      Delete
  7. Happy 16th from me too! I have read your blog for a long time and am always amazed and impressed at your time and effort in supporting your church. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Audrey! I never figured that would be my share in a ministry, lol!

      Delete
    2. Wow! It's been 16 years already?!? Happy Blogversary! I'm guilty of reading on my phone, but not heading to my computer to leave comments.

      Delete
    3. I know, right? If the blog was a kid, it'd be driving! LOL.

      Delete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)