Saturday, August 21, 2021

Back from the Family Road Trip...

 It had been over a year and a half...since Christmas 2019...since we had seen our Indiana family.  But, since everyone had been vaccinated, we decided to brave the wilds and head north for a few days.  Kids, spouses, girlfriends, the baby...everyone.


 

Whilst we were in the northern reaches  of the state, My Sweet  Babboo's older cousin Pat came by with an assortment of...things...she'd been cleaning out of her house, and some of those things were meant to come home with me.

Here's a teaser pic, because there's some cool stuff in there that I expect to get at LEAST two blog posts worth of content from, lol...

I know it's not good to leave it where it is, but currently there is no direct sunlight coming in so it will be ok until I can get a better storage for it.

I also came home with a number of crocheted pot holders, most of which were made by my grandmother:



 These were USED, as the scorch marks on several of them attest, lol   Not sure what I will do with them; I hate to risk further damage to them but maybe using them would be the best honor I could give them...

I have a bit of sewing from before the trip to report, and we are gearing up to do another era-hopping Christmas production; hopefully there will be a little more activity in these parts in the immediate future...

2 comments:

  1. We had those potholders in our house too - mostly made by my mom. We used them under hot bowls so that the wood dining room table didn’t get heat marks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we are all curious as to what is in that tote! Can't wait for the big reveal! Those pot holders are wonderful, scorches particularly!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)