Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Fifteen Years Ago Today...

 ...Sew Random made its debut into the blogsphere, and I became a sewing blogger, posting about sewing costumes for a production of 'The Gospel According to Scrooge'....something we were going to do regularly but, life happened, and we have not performed that since. Maybe in the next few years, when we finish the updates to the theater that is in the old high school we've turned into our church.

I blogged just about every day for two and a half years (wow...it seems like it should have been longer than that), then started a second blog to discuss aspects of life that didn't really fit on a sewing blog.  So I kinda quit the daily posts.  I blogged about different projects, school productions, church productions, and the choir wardrobe.

I haven't sewn much this year.  We haven't had choir since March 15. 
I've bought fabric for costumes...future costumes...because I found last year that the fabric may not be readily available when it's needed.  I bought fabric for masks and just got so drug down making them that I've only managed to sew about half of it up so far.  And anytime I start to undertake a garment project I feel guilty because...masks...

I have typed and erased a whole bunch of stuff here.  In a world where content is everything, I've had almost none this year.

And yet...you are here, reading my little non-sewing lament.  In a little safe place where politics isn't some kind of litmus test for friendship.  

I am unspeakably grateful for everyone who has stopped by, who has left a comment, who has encouraged me with their own blog posts...

Thank you.



Gratuitous picture of the aging sewing assistant, making sure I don't move from the desk.  She's been around for 11 of the 15 years...

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lisa, well done one being a stayer in the blogging world. I Look forward to reading about your sewing and your family for many hears to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa. I've been reading and enjoying your blog for a couple of years. Long may you continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the blogversary. I think many of us bloggers have a similar lament these days. We're quarantined with nowhere to go, no events to sew for. Our creativity and sewing mojos are suffering leaving us little to say or do. Hang in there! Eventually this must pass. In the meantime, continue to keep up posted periodically on your well-being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I suppose I've been working on other aspects of creativity and there's just 24 hours in a day and all that...but I will get back to it! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Think of it this way - you've made lots of masks when they were really needed. Now masks are available everywhere so you can sew things for yourself and should not feel guilty. Your creative soul needs to be fed! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I'm wondering why I bought all this stuff to make masks now, lol.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on such a major milestone! And thanks for continuing to post... it’s like running into an old friend, even though we had never met. Wishing you peace, health and sew-jo for the next fifteen years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sniff* Oh, thanks so much! I have to sew for the next 15 years...just to use up the stash...lol

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to Sew Random. Believe it or not I think I’ve been reading for 14 of those years...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, you are one of my 'old faithfuls!' Thanks so much for your participation and encouragement over the years! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)