Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Just for fun...a little wishing...

When all the  sewing is rote mask making, and the carb loading makes sewing for my wardrobe a depressing thought;  sometimes a little fantasy is not out of place.  Earlier this week, Janice posted one of her  delightful travel wardrobes, and lurking in the 'in the bag' slide was this fabulous scarf:
Image of Salvatore Ferragamo ScarvesFerragamo Scarf


It's as expensive as a Hermes scarf, so it's something I can only drool over but...wouldn't that make a lovely wardrobe?  Dark gray (or after looking at the way Janice used it...is it navy?) for the winter neutral, white for the summer neutral, and those lovely shades of greyed blue  w/ brown.  Oh, I'd be tempted...if I thought a nearly $400 scarf was a wise investment purchase for accident prone me.

Maybe I'll just build the wardrobe some day...with that for inspiration, even if I don't actually own it.

At the rate the carb calories are piling up in quarantine...I may need to start sewing anyway.

Why is it that cocooning always brings out the cravings for the carby comfort food? LOL. It's not bad for a couple of snow days, but...this is too long to indulge.

I wonder how hard it would be to find those shades of blue.... ;-)

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful scarf. On my monitor, the blues look more like teal green which is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, I could definitely see that the monitor could render it differently; it is a teal-y blue and there's so little difference between blue and green. Every time I've ordered a scarf online I've been shocked when it came to see how much more vibrant the colors are.

      But...why does a printed square of silk have to cost so much?? LOL....

      Delete
    2. ...so little difference between teal blue and teal green. Can't edit, lol...

      Delete
  2. It’s a beautiful scarf and I’ve gained 12 pounds in the last two weeks. Makes delivering mail hard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice actually used that scarf in another colorway as a wardrobe basis... https://www.theviviennefiles.com/2020/04/start-with-a-scarf-working-from-home-with-a-ferragamo-scarf.html/. More eye candy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)