Monday, April 13, 2020

Comment testing/ trouble shooting

This is weird, and I'm not doing it just to get some comments....I am having problems replying to comments on my blogs.  For some reason, when I read ANY blog post on either of my blogs, while in Firefox,  I have the 'sign in' button on the upper right...but if I click it, I go straight to the page listing all my blog posts, which shows me obviously signed in.  If I'm in Chrome, the public pages clearly show me signed in, so this is a firefox issue somehow not recognizing me.

But, I cannot comment on any posts...or reply to any comments...if I am reading in Firefox.  The comment widget doesn't recognize that I am signed in and it doesn't give me an option to sign in.  I don't know how many times I have entered my reply,  telling it to comment as my Google account, and clicked 'publish', seen the 'publishing' message and then...nothing. The comment is simply gone.

If I shut everything down and open it up in Chrome, it works fine.

I can even comment on other blogger blogs while reading in Firefox, as me, no problem. Other blog's comment widgets know who I am. It's just my own that are giving me this problem.

So here's my question:  can ANYONE comment here if you are using firefox?  And if you can't, can you bop over to Chrome and let me know?

I dunno if I can get anywhere with tech support, but if I can do as much problem-isolating as possible, maybe we can find a simple solution.

OR...has anyone else encountered this issue?  What did you do about it?

Thanks for any help!

ETA two weeks later:  Well, something updated somewhere and now Firefox recognizes me.  So all is well again.

5 comments:

  1. This is through Firefox. Let's see if it posts. This is off my Google acct. by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem; it showed up But I still had to go to Chrome to reply. I'm going to try logging out of Google, clearing my firefox cache and logging back in. Something is hosey in the interface and needs to get reset. (Thanks, Debbie!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arg. I cleared the cache...no help. I went to the blogger user forum, found someone with the exact issue who cleared it up by deleting cookies So I logged out, deleted cookies, logged back in and.. it still doesn't know me. Closed the browser and relaunched and everything No help.

    I guess I'm just going to have to use Chrome for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog often, and I only use Firefox, so hopefully this will show up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, at least it looks like everyone else can comment ok; I just can't, for whatever reason. I tried logging out, deleting cookies and clearing cache, but it still doesn't recognize me on Firefox. Chrome is fine. I guess I will just have to wait for the next Firefox update and see if that clears the problem over there. Thanks for checking in, ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)