Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Wore the August Outfit...

When I promised myself last week that I'd wear this outfit sometime this week, I didn't think about the forecast for rain every.single.day.  Fortunately, the boots are waterproof, lol.
I'll be honest; I got two white blouses, slightly different styles, from Lands' End that month and I'm not entirely sure that the one I'm wearing here is the one that I put in the post.  But it probably doesn't matter much.  It is annoying that the buttons don't line up quite where they need to...probably the strongest reason I have for making my own button up shirts, lol.

That skirt is going to be a wardrobe staple.  A perfect length, nice fabric...I do believe I have replaced the black skirt I wore forever in the 80's and 90's.  Since I'm probably past the point of shirt-tucking-in, it's not going to matter that it's an elastic waist, lol.

The boots are...ok.  The leather is rather stiff, and where it bends it kinda bumps my foot/ankle and it actually hurts a little at the end of the day.  That may change somewhat once they are well broken in.  They are really snug in the calves, but they have an elastic gore in them so they can zip...

Here's a tip:  Use a wire coat hanger to zip snug boots.  Stick the hanger hook into the hole on the zipper pull  and then use the hanger as a giant pull.  It gives enough purchase that the zipper will close right up.

I'd credit the source on that but it's been years, lol.  But I have to work now to dig up a wire hanger; I've mostly switched out to plastic and flocked hangers.

The outfit is a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)