Saturday, January 04, 2020

What Happened to the 12th Month's Outfit?

I have debated a while what to do.  Should I just consider that I blew it the last month, write it off and start over?  Or should I let it drag into the new year?

Well, I decided that, since my sewing got diverted to volunteer work for the last six weeks...well, for the last two months, if I'm honest...of last year, I would cut myself some slack.  I'm letting myself sew that last outfit this month.  So...sometime in January, I'll post what I come up with and finish out the year.  Yeah, I missed the Christmas party season with the fancy clothes but, if truth be told, I didn't have anything on my social calendar that required fancy clothes anyway.  So I'll finish up this month and still have something dressy in the closet should I need it.

I have some black stretch velvet to hand, and I ordered a bit of textured royal blue stretch velvet that should be in hand by the end of next week...one of those things will get used.

I'm going to see about doing a little analysis of what I did last year, too...probably in February.

But I plan to sew some fun stuff in the next few weeks as well...stuff I wanted to make last year but were pushed down the priority list by the 12 outfits assignment.

Interestingly, Janice has chosen more, um, economical scarves for this years 12 months/12 outfits exercise.  Have a look-see; you don't have to buy a pricey Hermes scarf to have a good wardrobe foundation. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I fell in love with the pink sister of one of those scarves. Not very practical for me though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're still twice what I'm willing to pay for a scarf...I have worn my hummingbird scarf in public a couple of times safely, but I was super cautions the whole time! LOL.

      Delete
  2. It is ok to break the rules, as long as it doesn't involve jail time :-) Love to read your posts. I have been working on my travel wardrobe for months, and refer to the Vivienne files constantly...maybe too much, as it was cutting into my sewing time, haha. I started with navy, white and turquoise, but have veered off to some pink. In the end it will also depend on the weather forecasts as to what all I take, but it will have to fit in a carry on for a three week trip. Looking forward to seeing your makes.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question is...will I clean the mess from last year's craziness BEFORE I make the December/January outfit or AFTER? I wouldn't put much money on before...lol... Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)