Wednesday, September 04, 2019

12 Months 12 Outfits - September Assignment

Janice's selections for the  6 Hermes-Scarves wardrobes are up on the Vivienne Files today.

In a nutshell...corduroy pants and a long sleeved shirt, with an insulating vest, a scarf and a pair of gloves/mittens and short boots.  No jewelry this month!

I followed up on most of the links, looking for details.  I did find out that all the pants are corduroy, so...hm.  I have no corduroy in the wardrobe at this point.  I *used* to have some corduroy pants that I loved wearing with pullover sweaters...here's a pic of me and My Sweet Babboo, back in 1983....and I'm wearing corduroy pants, a shetland sweater over a button up blouse.

Been a long time since I dressed like that.  The squishier my old body gets, the squishier I want my clothes to be, lol.

But maybe I could add a pair of cords.  Break out of my fashion rut a bit.

To go with the cords, Janice has added a long sleeved blouse....cotton flannel in most of the outfits, but there are a couple of exceptions.  I treated myself to a  cotton flannel shirt from Lands' End a couple of years ago, and enjoyed it so much I bought a second one last year. Of course, neither of them co-ordinate particularly well with my hummingbird scarf.  I have a bit of black-and-blue flannel in the stash, which might do if it weren't for the fact that I already have a puffer vest that I can use in this month's outfit...and it's winter white.  So I really think a flannel shirt will need some white in it so I can pull in my already-in-the-closet insulating vest.

I have some short black boots, bought on clearance at the end of last winter's season, to replace a pair I'd worn for about 4 years that popped a riveted button. (Hm.  maybe a cobbler could fix that?  If I had the button...lol).  I think I have gloves and a scarf I can pull, depending on what I use for the shirt and pants.

And, you know, this is a crazy making season...I think I have only 2 free Saturdays between now and the middle of November.  Not much time for sewing.

I *might* have poked around on the Lands End site  whilst I was link checking...you know, just to see if there were any deals to be had.

I'll let you know if the deals work well enough with my scarf once I see them in real life....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)