I don't like taking the time to cut out a muslin, sew up a muslin, and pin up a muslin to see if the alterations I made to the pattern are gonna work.
But do you know what I hate worse than muslins?
Wadders. Garments that I had high hopes for but then didn't work. Spending time on fabric that was NOT a dollar a yard, only to find that the garment doesn't fit/hang right.
So I'm making muslins of the whacked up McCalls shirtdress pattern. I am dragging myself kicking and screaming, but I AM making a muslin. I would be beyond stupid to just assume that all this pattern whacking is just miraculously going to work. I mean, I took a bodacious front dart and rotated it into a princess seam. Not a minor adjustment.
SO...I have the second muslin about half cut out; I need to get ON with it because I run out of June in a week....and this IS the June outfit.
Between what's left of tonight and then tomorrow after work, I'mma gonna be workin on the muslin. Because I don't want a wadder.
I recut the CF and CB from the original muslin, but the sides gotta start fresh....
And I want to make sure the pockets are in the right place.
And the combined collar is going to work.
And the sleeves are the right length.