Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lookit, it's a PRESENT!

My friend, Gail, is an artist who specializes in scarves and banners.  Some time ago, she created a Facebook page for her studio and offered a little premium for the first few folks who 'liked' it.

I was fortunate enough to stumble onto it that very day...and I 'liked' it before I even read the offer for a hand painted silk scarf.  I mean, Gail is my friend and she does beautiful work that has been included in juried shows...what's not to like? 

I actually forgot about the scarf.

So you can imagine how tickled I was to get a package in the mail yesterday containing this exquisite silk chiffon scarf.

I sent her a message to let her know it had arrived and I loved it, and I had to ask about the processes.  She said it had been hand painted, then silk screened w/a discharge agent.  The phrase on the scarf is from Song of Songs 2:11 & 12:  See!  The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come...

I've heard rumors that fuschia will be one of the choir wardrobe colors again this summer; if that turns out to be true you'll likely see me wearing this... and I'll be singing... ;-)

1 comment:

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)