Saturday, March 24, 2012

Goin' to the Queue...

Since Turquoise/aqua is one of the colors for next month's choir wardrobe, I  pulled the  Vogue 1100 jacket out of the queue box. I'd cut the fabric, the lining and the interfacing and bagged it all up in a zip-lok bag sometime last summer, before we started the porch remodel.

For some unfathomable reason, I did NOT put the pattern in the bag with the  fabric. 

Now I can't find it.  I've looked in all the places I would expect it to be, but all the stuff got shuffled but good when we cleaned the porch off and, well, it's apparently been put in some unexpected place.

So, I'm rather flying blind on this.  But I'm determined to finish it before the volunteer sewing kicks in.  If it looks good when I'm done, I may very likely wear it for Easter.  We'll see.

Meantime, I did something I don't do often and browsed my bookmarked fashion blogs.  Normally I'm just shaking my head over what folks wear (or what designers send down the runway!) but I was completely smitten with  this Jacket I spotted on The Sartorialist.  I don't think my drafting skills are up to that...but I want to recreate that in the worst way.  Fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)