Tuesday, May 05, 2009

To the Embroidery

I spent most of yesterday cutting and doing laundry. The low back issues are giving me fits again, so I'd cut until it started to hurt, then take a break, then cut more, then take a break...but I did get all the scarves cut. Somehow, when cutting the interfacing, I miscounted and was one set short, so I'll have to pull out the interfacing and cut another set of pieces before I can finish them all, but I had enough cut that I could interface all the black pieces. That's a long stand at the ironing board (oy, my back! My next major sewing purchase will be a press!), but the black sides are all done and sewn together and ready to hand off to my friend the Embroidery Queen for embellishment. I don't know how long she'll take to do 'em; I'll be surprised if she has 'em for more than a week.

And the internet vendor honored their offer to send me a return label so I could return the appliques that Just Didn't Work. I don't know if I'll get a full refund or not, since the appliques are all removed from their little six-pack bags, but anything will be better than nothing and they'll be out of the house.

And, while I was at it, I traced of Burda WOF 05/09 #103A, with the intention of making it from a turquoise-black-grey-white abstract print poly/lycra jersey knit. It's some of the 1.49/yd stuff I got at Sir's two years ago and I thought it would be a good test fabric...and if it looks good, I can wear it for choir this month!

I'm ready to make some quick wardrobe additions....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've made some progress - I'm glad that you could at least get the appliques out of the house. Hope your back is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)