Sunday, January 18, 2009

Choir Sundays '09 #3

Sigh. This looked so cute in the mirror...but the photo looks like my grandmother. I think I need to speak to my photographer about things like flipped up collars and camera angles again....
Anyway, this month's colors are royal blue and black. I'm dressed for winter like an ad for the Wool Producers...the blue sweater is merino wool that is probably 10 years old and had to have a moth hole in pretty close to the center front darned before I could wear it.
The black sweater coat is brand new...one of the few non-jeans clothing purchases I've made in I don't know how long. It's a wool blend from Lands' End, and, to *prove* that it really looks cuter in real life than in the photo, The Princess (who's 23 and quite particular about such things) commented that it was cute and wanted to know where I got it. Stupid camera.

But the pants are my faithful black wool gabardine Loes Hinse Oxford Pants.

And, it's time once again for the quarterly blogging break, so I'm going to be pretty much off the 'net this week. Got some Household Duties to get caught up (once again, the household budget has fallen waaayyy behind...my fault entirely; can't blame it on anything this time...). So, I'll see you for next week's Choir post!

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt that the outfit was cute in real life!
    One thing I've noticed with how photography affects this kind of outfit (the longer jacket/sweater)... In real life you move and the garments sway and swing, flow and cling... you look good! But in a photo it's solid and flat, and in no way represents the actual flattering effect.
    Trust your 23yr old daughter... it was definitely cute!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)