Sunday, July 09, 2017
Choir Wardrobe 07.09.17
I made it last right after I bought the pattern, back in 2015. It was NOT compatible with my short narrow shouldered self; that version was worn for PJ's a few times and then went into the donate stack.
I hacked up the pattern a bit...narrowing the top, widening the bottom, shortening it and making the front-facing a cut-on instead of a sew-on. And I rather arbitrarily selected a spot at which to quit sewing the side seam to allow for armholes, as the pattern did not have one marked. The armsceyes are snug. Not uncomfortable, but not flowy like shown on the pattern envelope. I may add a bit of a wedge to the yoke to give them more drape without drop...
I'm much happier with this iteration. It's not quite perfect but it's certainly wearable, which is more than I can say for the original.
Anyway, for the June/July choir wardrobe colors of white, black, gray and turquoise, I put my new top with some 12-year-old embroidered linen/rayon Stretch and Sew 704 'Quick 'n' Easy Pants' and, of course, the ever-present Burda waistcoat.
I confess, I had a MOMENT when I was ironing the pants last night, recollecting making them during the time we were renting a smallish house between the house we had lived in for 20+ years and our current abode, and suddenly realized that it has been 12 years since we moved to the current address...which means the pants are 12 plus years old. In actuality, they were part of the first SWAP I completed, back in 2005, before I started blogging. (goes to look for photos... finds them...)
But it made me think...maybe I should do a serious closet purge. If I'm still wearing 12-year-old garments, I could, possibly, be just a tad out of fashion...lol.