Friday, June 24, 2016

Something to mull...

My determination to sew what I buy has slipped a little...because a couple of my recent purchases were to replace basics that I'd sewn up from the stash (I always want to have some black ponte on hand, for instance). 

But, after finishing the SWAP I decided to treat myself  and caught a sale and three rayon/lycra blends have now been pre-washed and are ready to sew.

 The sparkly gray in the center will be a nice basic T to wear as a bottom layer for the choir wardrobe, but the other two...the black and white piece and the multicolor one, were roll ends that I splurged on.   

The black and white will definitely be a Tilton top...not sure which one yet.. but the colorful print (the photo doesn't do it justice...) has me stymied.  What it's telling me it wants to be is a knit tank dress, but I'm not sure how much rotation that could get in the wardrobe.  Maybe a swirly skirt...or maybe another Tilton top.

Hmmmm

8 comments:

  1. Now now. If the fabric says knit tank dress you better make it a knit tank dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Oh, the dilemma...a perfect knit tank dress that hangs in the closet because I seldom have an opportunity to wear a knit tank dress or a good-enough funky knit top that won't be perfect but will be worn do death??? Life's full of tough choices, in'n't it?

      Delete
  2. I'm with Amy. You can't fight the fabric when it wants to be something. I've got a piece that is currently demanding to become a wrap dress with sleeves for winter and I'm doubtful it'll be worn more than once or twice - I'm generally a pants girl. But the sewing of it will make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to give the tank dress a look; the brushstrokes are much more linear than I expected and I may not be able to get a 'favorable' layout on the print. If not, I shall speak sternly to it and perhaps persuade it to change its mind....

      Delete
  3. I immediately thought top when I saw the print. Before I read the post. Tilton tops get worn to death in my wardrobe. I tried on a luscious rayon knit print tank dress yesterday. The price was right and the print was gorgeous. The only reason it didn't come home was wondering when I would actually get to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that! I am SLOWLY learning the lesson to buy fabric and sew for the life I have...not the life I imagine!

      Delete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)