Sunday, February 21, 2016

Choir Wardrobe 2/21/16

Gray...black...white...and a new top!

It's a Vogue 8669 drapey neck shell top, made in a grayscale print stripe silk jersey that I bought on sale...oh, 3 years ago?  Maybe?  specifically to make this top for our annual black-and-white February.  It's the first time I've sewn with actual silk jersey;  I didn't realize my hands were so rough and dry!  I need to get a photo of the top without a cardi over it (Vogue 8305 here); I've got the problems with the armsceye gap all  fixed.  I don't remember what I did, back when I tweaked the pattern again, but it worked. LOL. 

I did do something a little different...I cut a band for the back neck, and, on my other tops, I folded it to the wrong side and stitched it down.  This time, I left it  on the neckline, and adjusted the depth of the pleats so the neckline is actually moved in about 5/8" on the sides. It feels more secure.

And I realize that, given the changes I've made to the neckline and the shoulders and the back neck, etc, my pattern probably is not recongizeable as the original.  But that was a great place to start and I've got 4 of these tops now that are very nice, even if the first two really do need a topper to cover the gappy armholes.

Black RPL doubleknit Loes Hinse Oxford Pants...which I reviewed in 2004 and no longer has valid photo links.  I have a couple of pieces of fabric earmarked to be Oxfords in the SWAP plan...if I can get to it.

I finished the blue cardigan that I was making from piece 2 of the fabrics I've acquired so far this year.  But it's got to go through the wash; I had a couple of developments in the construction process that I hope will get reset once it goes through the laundry.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment