Friday, February 13, 2015

Right there in plain sight...

If I had actually paid attention, I would've seen the problem when I traced the pattern.

Look at where that circle to match the end of the collar is located.

Right slap on the CF line.

The pieces matched up beautifully, just as drafted.

Only...the light has finally dawned on me... no shirt EVER should have the collar on that CF line.

I looked at every RTW banded collar shirt in my closet (I only have about 3).  Every one has the collar set back from that CF line between 1/4" and 3/8"...just like all my hubby's.

So why does the home sewing pattern industry not recognize this?

And why has it taken me so long to pay attention enough to realize that it is NOT my fault that the collars always look wonky?

So...I will be adjusting the collar pattern so that it hits about 1/4" short of that marked dot.

I've also got an idea for a little tweek for that 'painless placket' to actually turn it from a slit/dart into a placket and still be pretty painless.

So, yeah, I will be making another go at that shirt very soon.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)