Sunday, May 26, 2013

Choir Wardrobe - 2 weeks at once

Have I mentioned how busy Sundays are now that I have moved my High School Girls class to Sunday Evenings?  It's hard to find time to eat now...let alone post photos.  So I've got this week AND last week to cover today.

But it's ok.

And, wow, I really didn't realize what I'd done, really, until I saw the photos.

Anyway, May's choir wardrobe colors are hot pink, navy blue and tan.  Last Sunday found me wearing a RTW top (that I had to alter a bit, of course), with the CWC knit blue jeans and, breaking the 'don't wear denim with denim' rule, my Vogue 8045 denim jacket.  The CWC top is basically a knit tank top with a chiffon overlayer on the front that is pleated at the neckline and has a bit of applique on it.  I fell in love with it at the store and waited it out for a sale...and then had to take up the shoulders about an inch as a petite adjustment.

I had a yard of rayon/lycra jersey in a hot pink/fuschia in the stash, and I decided that it needed to be in my wardrobe.  But it's very limp and drapey and I've discovered that *does* limit the pattern options somewhat;  a structured or fitted T loses its shape when it's made out of floppy jersey, so I looked for a pattern that would be good for a drapey fabric...and only took a yard....and decided on Simplicity 4076.  I cut it out about a week and a half ago, and when I hit the full stop on the cotton skirt yesterday I pulled the white thread from the machines and put in the pink so I could make this up to wear today.  Took me about an hour and a half, and that's including the unpicking I had to do around the back neckline.  Not sure what happened there, but I ended up with more shirt than I had neckband.  Stretched and eased and it's not perfect, but at least it's not puckery.,


Wore it today with my khaki Athena Pants and my brown-eyelet-on-denim McCall's 5191

Took the photos this morning -- thank goodness, I splashed my lunch on the top in the 10 minutes we had available for the mid day meal -- and realized that I pretty much duplicated the shape of the RTW top I had on last week.

So now I have 2 very similar hot pink tops.  Ah, well, they will get worn.

Unless the greasy spots don't come out of the brand new one.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)