I spent most of Labor Day working on the muslin. Unfortunately, because the cheap fabric I was using was far too sheerish to put up on the world wide web, I don't have any photos to show you. But I
1) Petited the upper bodice on both the front and back
2)shaved a wee bit off of both the side front and the side back where they went into the armhole, to reduce some gaping there
3) Added a bit to the armsceye; the raw edge was about where I wanted the seamed edge to fall from the bottom all the way around the front to the top, so I basically just added a seam allowance
4) took a bit off of both back princess seams below the high hip
5) shortened the length 1" (I plan to use 2" hem allowances) and
6) drafted neckline facings; I think the wrong side is going to show a bit and I'd much rather see the face fabric than the lining. I also plan to reduce the seam allowances on the neckline so that it stands a bit higher.
I may not get back to it until Thursday...and this weekend is our annual Women's Conference , so, while the conference will be wonderful and I'm really looking forward to it, it's going to be a wash as far as time available for sewing.
And I don't think I have a suitable zipper in the stash...looks like a Hancock's run is is the works.
You see why I decided I wanted a simple style. ;-)