Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mantles Done!


I have to say, playing Scrabble while stitching away was a whole different experience...I didn't spend my opponents' turns hoping none of them would use 'my spot'! Maybe I should take a hand sewing project to every Scrabble night...

Anyway, I sewed all the turn openings closed and put tassels on two of them while playing two games; I finished sewing the tassels on the other four after I got home. I was close enough to 'finish' that I had to keep going.

And now, for the first time this year, I do not have a volunteer sewing project due date looming (that could change quickly if the word comes that we will be doing a Dickens production at Christmas, though).

I'm ready to do some wardrobe building!

3 comments:

  1. Those mantles look great! Good for you that you have some time to work on your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great.

    Nobody here will play me in Scrabble, so I play on the computer, against the computer. Games go very quickly because the computer doesn't have to take time to "think".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely manage to con...er, persuade anyone to play Scrabble 'round here, too...come to find out, there are a number of ladies at church in similar situations, so once a month we meet and play each other. It's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)