Saturday, May 02, 2009

Fabric In (again)

You'd think I've been sewing up a storm since I'm still allowing myself to buy fabric. But one of the online vendors had a sale I couldn't resist...some pieces I really and honestly have been looking for for a while now arrived on my doorstep yesterday.

One of the things I've been wanting to make for like, years, has been a pair of silk charmeuse pajamas. But a pair of classic PJ's takes four yards of 45" wide fabric, so I needed a serious sale on silk charmeuse. And a color I liked. $5.49/ yard made it possible, and I thought the red would do. Now that it's actually in my possession, I find I don't like that red...I *love* it and I'm not sure I want to use it on PJ's. (But I think I will...Christmas PJ's, maybe?) I also got 2 1/2 yards of what was called 'sage', but I think it's more of a dark olive green. Actually, almost a dark gray with a green cast to it. I don't know if I'll use it for a garment or for lining...

And I had just decided I wanted some more black and white stripe knit tops, so I ordered 2 yards of the black/white cotton/lycra fabric in the middle. Either I missed it in the description or it wasn't noted, and it doesn't show in the photo, but there's a gold metallic thread on the borders of the white stripes. It looks very, very cool! I'll have to make that one up pretty quick.

And, just because it's noteable, you can see the scraps from the turquoise silk/lycra charmeuse top I cut out yesterday and hope to finish in time to wear for choir tomorrow. It's our 10 year anniversary celebration; I'd like to wear something a little more uptown than the rather washer-worn top that's in the wardrobe.

Finally, we had a dinner party to go to last night and I wore the new Tribeca. As reminiscent parties tend to do, this one ran very late and the picture wasn't taken until after we got home. Then the battery died in the camera. So it's not such a great photo. Oh well. ;)



1 comment:

  1. The Tribeca shirt looks wonderful in that fabric! I have that pattern but have been hesitant to cut it out and start the fitting process. Yours is inspirational, so Thx!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)